What happened to January?
Monday, February 1st, 2010 at 10:17 am
Today is the first of February and I have realised that for the first time since I started blogging in September 2003 that I have gone for an entire month (ie January) without making a post.
That does not mean I haven’t been doing anything.
In fact it is the opposite as January was, for me, quite busy. Now, although I haven’t written any blog posts, those who follow me on identi.ca, twitter or facebook would be aware of at least some of what I have done.
- Catching up with people over the Christmas/New Year break
- Day trip to Mount Buffalo with Damien
- Camera club outing to the Blue Lotus Water Garden
- Another day trip with Damien along the McDonald’s Track and around the Latrobe Valley
- Some more sorting through of my collection as part of the downsizing
- A failed attempt at shooting star trails with the camera club, plan B did work out quite well
- A four day road trip with Damien up and around the Snowy mountains
- Taking/choosing entries for both the February (judging tomorrow night) and March (due tomorrow night) competitions at the camera club
Amongst all of this I have scanned thousands of slides (my parent’s from the 60/70s) and made decent headway into sorting through my own backlog of photos (which increased markedly due to the Snowy Mountains road trip). I should be able to start posting some of the latter (starting with the club outing to Mount Macedon back in July) later in the week.
In addition I have a couple of semi-formed blog posts that I should get around to completing, one that is still fresh in my mind is how something that I was relying upon for backups, is actually dangerous to use for backups. I should also have one of those published by the end of the week and I will also try to post on a more regular basis.