Books, books and more books
Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 at 9:45 pm
Yesterday a bunch of books arrived from Amazon:
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code was recommended by Leif at a perl mongers meeting where he talked about testing.
- I first read about Designing Interactions at Coding Horror and it sounded worthwhile to get.
- Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution isn’t a recent book, but it sounds like it provides an excellent account of the early days of computers.
- In contrast What the Dormouse Said: How the 60s Counterculture Shaped the Personal Computer Industry is a recent book that also tells of the early days of computers, in particular the sixties.
- Where Wizards Stay Up Late also describes the early days of computers, specifically the origins of the internet.
- i, Woz is the story of Steve Wozniak, one of the founders of Apple
- The Areas of My Expertise appears to be an almanak of irrelevant knowledge.
Today I recieved more books. This time a dozen secondhand novels that I bought off eBay that worked at at AU$4 each including postage.
Now I need to cover them, add them to my catalog on LibraryThing, and then find some time to read them.
Tagged with: books