Ride idea: Plenty River Trail and Mullum Mullum Creek Path
Monday, April 2nd, 2007 at 11:30 pm
Quite some time ago Damien and I caught the train out to Watsonia so we could ride down to the bottom of the Plenty River Trail, up the trail past Greensborough, west along the ring road and then up and down the Darebin Creek Trail. Recently I found out that the link between the Plenty River Trail and the Main Yarra Trail was nearing completion.
One the link is complete the following ride would be possible:
- Train to Greensborough
- down the Plenty River Trail, including the new section
- up the Main Yarra Trail to Westerfolds Park
- instead of tracing a previous trip up to Eltham and Diamond Creek continue along the Yarra to the Mullum Mullum Creek
- head up the Lower Mullum Mullum Creek Trail
- at the end of the trail head south down Springvale Road to the Eastern Freeway and towards the city
- or continue down Springvale Road all the way home or catch a train at Nunawading.
I mapped it out on Bikely which tells me it would be at least 24 kilometres. Based on previous experience a realistic distance would be 30 kilometres which doesn’t take into account any detours I make.
Tagged with: cycling