Glass instead of a nail
Sunday, April 8th, 2007 at 11:09 pm
As I said yesterday I headed out to cover the path along the Eastern Freeway:
- along the line from Glen Waverley railway station to Holmesglen railway station
- around to Alamein railway station
- up the Anniversary Trail through Camberwell to Kew
- just after Burke Road leave the trail and head up through Stradbroke Park and Hays Paddock
- all the way along the south side of the Eastern Freeway (technically the Koonung Creek Trail) to Springvale Road
- along the north side of the Eastlink construction to the western tunnel portal
Originally my plan was to head back in towards the city along the north side of the Eastern Freeway but it was getting late and I didn’t feel like riding into the afternoon sun. Instead I simply headed down Springvale Road to get back to Glen Waverley.
But what went wrong? When I stopped at the drinking tap in Markham Reserve between Holmesglen and Alamein railway stations I picked up a small piece of glass in my rear wheel. I was on my way again fifteen minutes later after making use of my new tyre levers and my new pump. I now need to apply a third patch to what is now my spare tube.
Tagged with: cycling